Time for Review ~ Third Quarter 2022
We’ve come to the end of the third quarter of 2022. I’ve been doing these recaps for a few years now by giving you a glimpse into my Kitlife Planner. That’s the place where I keep track of everything. In fact, it even has a quarterly check-in spot.
The main parts of my Kitlife Daily are…
- The Big 3 – This helps me prioritize. What three things must I get done today?
- Self-Care – This is a daily practice. Self-care is so much more than a spa day. It’s little things done daily that fill my cup.
- Gratitude – I write down three things each day that I’m grateful for. Some days they are big things but many days they’re the simple things.
- Activity – Place to track regular exercise.
- Meal Plan – Sometimes this serves as an area for me to note what I eat throughout the day, other times it’s what I plan for dinner.
There’s also plenty of space for notes or journaling. I often jot down my social media posting schedule here as well as notes from my Bible study or a quote I want to remember.
This post may contain affiliate links. It doesn’t change anything for you. I only share things I love!
I’ve been using a Kitlife Planner since 2018. It’s the best planner ever! In fact, I now have a discount code to share with you. Simply put “Marsha” in the coupon code location and get $5 off your purchase of any planner. (2023 planners are now available!)
So how did July, August, and September go?
Christmas in July – It’s always fun to get out Turn Your Holidays into Holy-Days to celebrate Christmas in July. The book is full of healthy living tips that not only set you up for a happy healthy December but can also help you refocus and renew your commitment to health any time of the year.
5 Days of Giving – This is a fun 5 day challenge that happens in my free Facebook group to help you focus on giving to others.
1:1 #Moderation365 Coaching – I love working one-on-one with women to help them make peace with food and their bodies and break free from food obsession. I don’t currently have a group planned, but I do have a couple of 1:1 spots open if you’re ready for your forever solution, no more dieting involved! Contact me so we can get you started and you can head into the holidays confident around food and in your body.
50 Days to 50 – Dozens of women signed up to get a daily devotion to her inbox. All devotions came from the book of Psalms. As a bonus, I did some free challenges in the Facebook group to support you as you age. It was a lot of fun, and I’m embracing 50!
COVID – The Apsley house finally got hit, but we easily handled it. I lost my sense of smell for a while which was kinda weird, but we’re all good now.
Faith and Fitness Magazine – I started writing one devotion each month for this online magazine.
Some self-care I practiced
- Easy workout
- Flu shot
- Coffee and chocolate
- Afternoon timeout
- Dinner out
- Put my feet in the pool
- Got blue color in my hair
- Had my first colonoscopy. All went well. I’m on the 10 year plan!
Found on my gratitude list
- Cool morning
- Falling asleep without meds (Sleep is so important but can be a struggle as we age.)
- Golf on tv
- Football season
- Walk with Kent
- Air conditioning
- Sound of thunder
- New nail polish
- Easy move-in for Ethan
- Saw 3 deer on my bike ride
- Love of friends and family
- Physique 40 Workouts – I did this new JillFit strength program and loved it. Even though the 40 days are over, I’m continuing many of the workouts. Although I prefer cardio, I know how important strength training is for my aging body and metabolism.
- Colts 5K – I rarely race these days, but I won’t miss the Colts 5K. Love this race and am pleased with how I did.
- More cycling, less running – Summer means more time on the bike because of the nice weather and teacher friends available to ride.
- Yoga every day – Yoga is essential to get my body loosened up. Most days, I do 10-20 minutes. Never a long session. Just enough to loosen up and take a moment to catch my breath and settle my mind.
- Jump rope – It’s been so much fun to play with the jump rope. It was part of the 50 Days to 50 challenge, and I’ve really embraced it. I don’t do a lot, but I’m working on it a few days a week for a few minutes.
- Increased weights – I got a pair of 20lb dumbbells for my birthday. I’ve been wanting to increase my weights on a few exercises and am happy to start doing that. Pick up something heavy and challenge yourself!
How I used meal plan section
- I’ve only used this sporadically for awareness and mindfulness.
- Finished the devotional Settle My Soul with my Faith and Fitness Membership Community.
- Choosing God Instead of the World – a Love God Greatly study of the lives of Jacob and Joseph
- Back to teaching 2nd grade religious education
- I’ve been attending Saturday night church because we’ve been riding on Sunday mornings. So thankful for this option.
Retreat – On October 22, I’m hosting a one-day in-person event. I’d love for you to join me and the other women who are already signed up. Spots are limited.
1:1 #Moderation365 coaching – I’m opening limited spots so that you can break free from food obsession and not have to look for another diet on January 1! Contact me to get your spot.
Counseling CEUs – It’s time to do some continuing education to maintain my mental health counselor’s license.
Next book – Now that 50 Days to 50 is complete, I’ll be putting those devotions into a book. I’m excited to get started on it!
Cheers to the 4th quarter of 2022!
Let's Get Started!
Add your name and email to receive faith-focused fitness inspiration and motivation to your inbox weekly!