Third Quarter 2021 Recap
We’ve come to the end of the third quarter of 2021 so it’s time to do a recap. The best way to do that is to give you a glimpse into my Kitlife Planner. That’s the place where I keep track of everything. In fact, it even has a quarterly check-in spot.
The main parts of my Kitlife Daily are…
- The Big 3 – This helps me prioritize. What three things must I get done today?
- Self-Care – This is a daily practice. Self-care is so much more than a spa day. It’s little things done daily that fill my cup.
- Gratitude – I write down three things each day that I’m grateful for. Some days they are big things but many days they’re the simple things.
- Activity – Place to track regular exercise.
- Meal Plan – Sometimes this serves as an area for me to note what I eat throughout the day, other times it’s what I plan for dinner.
There’s also plenty of space for notes or journaling. I often jot down my social media posting schedule here as well as notes from my Bible study or a quote I want to remember.
This post may contain affiliate links. It doesn’t change anything for you. I only share things I love!
I’ve been using a Kitlife Planner since 2018. It’s the best planner ever! In fact, I now have a discount code to share with you. Simply put “Marsha” in the coupon code location and get $5 off your purchase. (This is in addition to any sale price they might be offering!)
So how did July, August, and September 2021 go?
Happy Birthday to me! I turned 49 on September 20.
New Book – I connected with Dr. Beth Brombosz who helped me with my first book and is now helping me with the publication of an upcoming devotional. This was a divine appointment. Earlier this year, I began writing my next devotional. During that time, Beth returned to social media after having taken some time off to work on some projects. She was in a spot where she was ready to help me with another book, something I had been praying for. I want this book to be better than the first ones. Now that I’m working with Beth, I believe we’re going to have a great devotional ready for you so you can start it in 2022.
Some self-care that I practiced
- Short afternoon nap
- Reading on a rainy morning
- Time in the Adoration Chapel
- Listen to Christmas music
- Shortened my workout
- Oatmilk latte
- Morning walk
Found on my gratitude list
- Falling asleep without needing sleep meds
- Progress on my book
- Good run
- Fun fingernail polish
- Grocery pickup
- Sauna light
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Scone
- Zoom calls
- The Pat McAfee Show for daily laughs and football updates
- Renewed driver’s license without problems
- Religious Education class
- Attended my 100th Shelby Roadrunner training run – We meet three times a week, and only a few members actually make it to 100 or more runs each year. We have fun celebrating “Century Club” members.
- Biking – I likely logged the largest number of bike miles for 2021 during the third quarter. It was a nice change of pace to give me a little break from running most days.
- Running – I increased my long run to 7 miles just to challenge myself a little. Six has been the magic number for quite some time. I also did a couple of races during the third quarter.
- Yoga – 10 to 30 minutes every day. I need this for my mind and my body.
- Strength training – Metabolic conditioning workouts. This is my favorite way to add in some strength work each week. These workouts are short and often increase heart rate in the process so I get my cardio fix while working my bones and muscles.
How I used Meal Plan section
- Actually I didn’t use it much. When I use it, it’s either to plan out weekly dinners or to help me remain mindful of how I’m eating. Just didn’t need it much this quarter.
- In Jesus You Are – This study was all about understanding your identity in Christ. Such a good study. Go do it if you haven’t yet!
- Started Made to Crave Devotional in Faith and Fitness Membership Community – We’re spending September and October going through this 60 day devotional together.
- Faith Over Perfection – I’m currently doing this Love God Greatly Bible study about the lives of Abraham and Isaac.
New book – Look for it by the end of October.
Planksgiving Challenge – This will happen mid-November.
Turn Your Holidays into Holy-Days – Dig out your copy, or buy one if you don’t have one, and get ready for a happy, healthy December!
Cheers to quarter 4 of 2021!