A Glimpse Into My Planner – Third Quarter 2020 Review
In 2018, I did a monthly recap post. Last year, I did two recap posts: one at six months and one at year end. This year I’m taking a quarterly approach. We’ll see how this works out. You can read the first quarter 2020 recap here and second quarter recap here.
I started doing the recaps because I wanted to give you a glimpse into my planner – my very favorite life-changing planner. I know that sounds like a bit much, but this planner covers it all!
A quick overview of the Kitlife Daily Planner
- The Big 3 – This helps me prioritize. What three things MUST I get done today?
- Be Grateful – I note three things for which I’m grateful on that given day.
- Be Active – This is where I track my daily workouts.
New in the 2020 planners
- Self-care – I note one thing that I do that day to care for myself, anything from a nap to doing laundry or cleaning the house.
- Eat Well – This can serve as a place to note meals planned for the day or something I observe about how I ate or a reaction I had to a certain food such as it left me feeling bloated or left me satisfied.
In the extra space on each day, I make note of things the Lord shows me during my daily quiet time.
This planner reduced my desk by three books. Everything is now in one place, and I love it! So let’s get into the glimpse of the 3rd quarter of 2020.
This post may contain affiliate links. It doesn’t change anything for you, and I only share things I love!
3rd Quarter Highlights
Coronavirus continues – I really don’t know what more to say. There’s so much and yet it’s something that we’ve never dealt with before. Because of this, I have stepped more fully into sharing my expertise in mental health and have written some posts to address our response to it. Everyone has their own way to cope and respond and we must give each person that space without judgement. It’s critical that you check in with yourself and your loved ones to be sure that they’re getting the support they need right now.
Membership Community – This group. These ladies. I’m honored to be on their faith and fitness journey with them. I know they are in the group to get support and accountability from me but they inspire me as well. We’ve continued our weekly zoom calls and recently completed Made to Crave Devotional together. Currently we’re reading and discussing Settle My Soul: 100 Quiet Moments to Meet with Jesus. This is going to take us to December but we’ll still be welcoming new members to the community each month.
Celebrating 3 years as an author – This will never get old. I am humbled when I hear from people who are just finding my book for the first time. I know how scripture can change life, and that’s why I wrote the first devotional: To help women apply scripture to her healthy living journey and build her healthy life on a foundation of faith.
#Moderation365 Nutrition Certification – I recently began this training. I’ll finish by the end of the year. I’ve been following #Moderation365 principles for several years now. Basically it’s learning to eat the same on Monday as you do on Saturday. No on again, off again dieting. No extremes. Simply learning, trusting, and honoring your own body. I will be sharing as I learn. The place to get first access is my membership community.
I had a birthday! – September 20 was my 48th birthday. It was one of the best birthdays in recent memory. It was filled with well wishes and special time with various friends and family. I got a tattoo. I ran and biked. The Colts won. I had some good pizza and delicious birthday cake.
- Lunch with a friend
- Grocery pick up
- Sitting poolside with a friend
- Zoom calls
- Venison in the freezer
- Sweet potato fries at Arby’s
- Birthday dinner with our oldest son
- Good neighbors
- Christian radio
- Kids back in school
- Watching my son playing tennis
- BAMR Bands
- Clean house
- Cooler weather
- Birthday month
- Oat milk lattes at Dunkin’ Donuts
- 1:1 session with my business coach Rachel McMichael
- Watching Ethan play tennis
- I’m part of the 2021 Kitlife Launch time and can share a $5 discount with you! Just use “marsha” for your discount any time you shop the online store.
A glimpse into my @kitlifegirls planner. Find out what happened in the third quarter and what to expect before the end of the year! #quarterlyreview #plannerlife Click To Tweet
Run Streak – This streak began in 2019. I’m still running at least one mile every day. There was a short period when it was dicey due to an Achilles/calf injury but I’m turning the corner with that.
Injury – Everything was fine until it wasn’t. I had started to play with my running form a little. The adjustment seemed to be going well when all of a sudden I started having a small pain in my Achilles tendon. On a particular run, I couldn’t shake it so I stopped to take a walk break. When I did, I felt warmth go up my calf. After that, I was gimping around for a few weeks until physical therapy started making a difference. I’m on the mend and hopeful to get back to my normal weekly mileage, especially by the time the weather is less bike-friendly.
More biking – Due to the injury and simply the nice weather, I’ve done more biking this quarter.
Writing down affirmations
Love God Greatly studies: Empowered Yesterday and Today. This was a study of Acts. Know Love. This study took us through the books of 1, 2, 3 John. I recently started Jesus our Everything. This study will cover the book of Hebrews.
- Wearing “regular” clothes
- Wearing a mask
- Starbucks for lunch
- Doctor appointment and physical therapy for Achilles injury
- Dinner takeout
- Flu shot
#Moderation365success – I’ve been following Jill Coleman and practicing #moderation365 for several years. Recently she did a #moderaton365success challenge. It served as a refresher for me of how and why I practice #moderation365. As noted above, I believe in this so much that I am being certified in this so that I can share it more completely with you.
- I’ll be teaching the basics of the Faith and Fitness Framework in the Faith and Fitness Sisterhood in October.
- I’ll bring back the Planksgiving Challenge in November.
- I’m working on a workshop to help you choose your word for the year. That will take place early December.
- By the end of the year I’ll have my #Moderation365 Nutrition Consultant Certification. If you would like more information of how to become one of my first clients, contact me for more information.
Cheers to 4th Quarter of 2020! You’ve got this!