Second Quarter 2021 Recap
We’ve come to the end of the second quarter of 2021 so it’s time to do a recap. The best way to do that is to give you a glimpse into my Kitlife Planner. That’s the place where I keep track of everything. In fact, it even has a quarterly check-in spot.
The main parts of my Kitlife Daily are…
- The Big 3 – This helps me prioritize. What three things must I get done today?
- Self-Care – This is a daily practice. Self-care is so much more than a spa day. It’s little things done daily that fill my cup.
- Gratitude – I write down three things each day that I’m grateful for. Some days they are big things but many days they’re the simple things.
- Activity – Place to track regular exercise.
- Meal Plan – Sometimes this serves as an area for me to note what I eat throughout the day, other times it’s what I plan for dinner.
There’s also plenty of space for notes or journaling. I often jot down my social media posting schedule here as well as notes from my Bible study or a quote I want to remember.
This post may contain affiliate links. It doesn’t change anything for you. I only share things I love!
I’ve been using a Kitlife Planner since 2018. It’s the best planner ever! In fact, I now have a discount code to share with you. Simply put “Marsha” in the coupon code location and get $5 off your purchase. (This is in addition to any sale price they might be offering!)
So how did April, May, and June 2021 go?
Ethan – My baby turned 18 in April, finished his last high school golf season, and graduated all in the second quarter of this year. I don’t think I have to tell you that this was an emotional quarter for me because of these milestones. Graduation day required many deep breaths so as not to completely lose my composure. Ethan graduated first in his class of over 250 students so he had to give a speech that day. He did well and is now enjoying his summer before he heads to Indiana University to study biochemistry.
Mile a Day – I love this challenge! I believe this is the third year for it and it gets bigger and better every year. This year we added the hashtag #go1aday
Sent book to editor – I have gathered 52 Sunday devotions and am in the process of putting them in a book so that you’ll have one for each week of the year. Stay tuned!
Some self-care that I practiced
- Reducing run mileage on a few runs
- Getting my car serviced
- Time in the adoration chapel
- Hit snooze
- New clothes
- Ordered non-toxic lipstick
- Difficult conversations
- Dentist appointment
- Turned on furnace and AC as needed in early spring when the temperatures were up and down
Found on my gratitude list
- Fun run in the rain
- Bra didn’t break while running (don’t ask!)
- Nail polish that lasts
- Oatmilk lattes
- Lunches and coffees with friends
- Grocery pick up
- Soft food (because of tooth problems)
- Increasing bike miles – It’s that time of year. The weather is getting better so I’m taking advantage of a few more miles on the bike and a few less on my knees 😉
- Yoga daily
- Running streak – I ran daily in May for Mental Health Awareness and continued through June for my annual Mile a Day Challenge
How I used Meal Plan section
- Planning ahead for dinners for the week
- Tracking my own nutrition for information – I’m trying to be more intentional with protein and limiting added sugars.
- Love God Greatly – In the Beginning – Exploring the early chapters of Genesis
- Love God Greatly – Friendship – Currently doing this with the Faith and Fitness Membership Community
Membership open – I’m only opening the Membership Community a few times this year. It is currently open until July 11.
Bible study – Plan to do an upcoming Love God Greatly Bible study followed by Made to Crave devotional with the membership community.
Book project – I have my book back from the editor, so I’m ready to move forward to get it formatted, choose a title, get a cover created, bringing me that much closer to having it available for you.
Move in day at IU – I don’t even want to think about this, but move in day will happen in August. Please keep me in your prayers!
Cheers to quarter 3 of 2021!
Let's Get Started!
Add your name and email to receive faith-focused fitness inspiration and motivation to your inbox weekly!