4 Years Sharing my Faith and Fitness Journey
Four years ago I started this blog without knowing exactly what I was doing. I set up a free website so I’d have a place to write and save my content. I wasn’t very “techy,” and I’m still not. Thankfully, I have learned a few things along the way* so that I can maintain my website. I simply want a place where I can write content that people will find helpful on their faith and fitness journey. It’s a place where we can connect to take the next step on that journey.
I’ve written many times and in many ways about my own journey of finding freedom on my faith and fitness journey. My turning point came when I was about to turn 40 years old. It took a few years of learning what living fit and free meant for me before I took the next step to start talking about my journey and felt God asking me to share it. Thus I landed in this space four years ago.
This post may contain affiliate links. I’m simply sharing my journey and the people who have helped me along the way.
It all started in the spring of 2015 when I joined a Facebook group and connected with other women who wanted to glorify God by honoring their bodies. I didn’t know any of the women in the group, and all were younger. But, I learned that no matter our age or stage of life, we all have struggles with our body image. Over time, I learned that we can feel good – we can even become confident – in the body we have right now, at this age and stage of life, no matter what age or stage of life that is for you.
Over the last four years, I have written blog posts, I have coached and counseled women one-on-one, I’ve written three books and a study guide, I have created the Faith and Fitness Sisterhood (my free Facebook group), and the Faith and Fitness Membership Community. Throughout this time I have shared how I found freedom from diets, gimmicks, and quick fixes. I learned how to live a healthy life that leads to freedom – freedom from obsessive thoughts and actions – to live confidently in the body that I have right now…at this age and stage of my life.
4 years of blogging and sharing my faith and fitness journey. #behindthescenes #faithandfitness Click To Tweet
My first book “40 Days of Faith and Fitness” shares the biblical foundation that it took for me to start living free. Over time the four pillars of healthy living that I have taught has become the Faith and Fitness Framework. Those in my membership community learn this framework and then put it into practice on a daily basis while receiving ongoing support and accountability.
I used to be a very shy introvert. I still consider myself as such; however, I love being in this space and supporting women on their faith and fitness journey. I especially enjoy my Facebook groups and speaking to small groups of women to encourage them to start living their best self…today, right now. I want to inspire women to live confidently no matter her age or stage of life. This is possible when we heal our relationship with our mind and our body. I’ve experienced it myself, and I have helped women do it. This is why I push through my shy tendencies, and it’s why I tell my introverted self that I have a message to share with women, and I’m not going to let fear or anxiety stop me.
Why I'm still sharing my faith and fitness journey four years later and how it's helping women live their best now. #faithandfitness #yourbestnow Click To Tweet
Women need to live free. Why? Because God has entrusted each one of us with a job to do, a message to share, people to love, and we can’t let insecurities about our bodies prevent us from living that life.
I can help you start feeling better now. It’s what God has asked me to do by using the counseling skills He’s entrusted me with as well as my books and the Facebook groups I’ve created over the last couple of years.
Where do you need to start so that you can start living your best now?
*Some of the people who have helped me along my faith and fitness journey to share the message of hope and healing…
- Lysa TerKeurst – Her book “Made to Crave” set it all into action.
- Joni Stepp – Her group is where it all started.
- Amanda Tress – One of my first business coaches, and the one who helped me get my first website set up.
- Jill Coleman – Mindset, fitness, business…everything really. She’s been a constant over the years.
- Abby Land – I learned a lot about having my website, branding, and being on social media from Abby.
- Nicole Culver – She helped me turn this all into a business.
- Glenneth Reed – She helped me take the step from a free blog/website to having my own domain. She also taught me how to become visible online so that the people who need help on their faith and fitness journey can find me.
- Beth Brombosz – Without Beth, my books would have never happened. During a chat about running and yoga, we somehow transitioned to speaking about my devotionals. She walked me through every step of publishing my first book.
- Shift University – This group of gals have been a constant support and encouragement along the way. I have learned so much and have made some great friends.
- Brent Hodge – He refreshed my website in the spring of 2019. It’s exactly what I want it to look like.
- Csilla Muscan – I met her online over a year ago. She has helped me stay focused on the mission to put God first as I continue on this business journey.
Where are you on your journey? You can start living your best today! #faithandfitness #yourbestnow Click To Tweet
Some ways we can connect as you continue on your faith and fitness journey:
- Faith and Fitness Sisterhood
- Faith and Fitness Membership Community
- Free Resources
- One-on-one Counseling
- Fit and Free Individualized Program
- Email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
- My books
Let's Get Started!
Add your name and email to receive faith-focused fitness inspiration and motivation to your inbox weekly!