Benefits of Simplicity
Simplicity is the way to clarity. ~ Matthew Kelly
This quote has stayed with me for weeks. Really, it’s the approach I’ve taken to help women build a healthy life on a foundation of faith. But this simple six word sentence sums it up nicely.
Years ago when I was in the midst of my weight loss and body image struggles, I consumed all the information. I read and researched and googled everything trying to find the secret ingredient, the magic potion, that would get me the results I was looking for. At one point, I told someone, “If I did all the things, I wouldn’t have time to do anything.” And, “If you read enough, it all contradicts each other.”
Bottom line: There is no secret ingredient. There is no magic potion.
You have to cut it all out and get clear on you. On what you need and what is going to work for unique you.
But instead of taking a step back from whatever it is that causes overwhelm, we tend to add to it.
If one is good, two must be better. Add to. Do more.
When did we start to believe that more is better? Why do we feel the need to fill every second of our day?
“And Jesus answered and said to her, “Martha, Martha, you are worried and troubled about many things. But one thing is needed, and Mary has chosen that good part, which will not be taken away from her.” Luke 10:41-42 (NKJV)
What Martha was doing wasn’t bad or wrong, but at that moment she was not focusing on what mattered. She allowed herself to get caught up with all the extras when she simply needed to sit at the feet of Jesus.
Recently I heard Dr. Shante Cofield say, “Doing right doesn’t always mean doing more.”
We’re a society of more, but where is it getting us? Overwhelm. Mental health issues. Burnout.
Will you consider simplifying your life?
If you’re looking to improve your fitness and to establish healthy habits that you can sustain, you must take a simple approach.
Learn five benefits of simplicity. Clarity. Focus. Reach your goals. It's time to do less and get more done! #simplicity #clarity Click To Tweet
Let’s look at a few benefits of simplicity as it relates to your health goals:
- Focus – You know where to put your energy. Unlike what I used to do and try to do it all and get nowhere, you will learn where to focus and then you’ll get the results you’re after.
- Clarity – You get clear on what matters. This will help you shut out the extra noise and distractions that only waste your time and energy.
- Accomplishments – When you focus on one thing at a time, and you actually make progress.
- Less stress – Stress equals overwhelm. When you’re overwhelmed, you do nothing. When you simplify your approach to your fitness, you’ll be less stressed and have ease of mind.
- Confidence – When you’re reaching your goals, you gain confidence. When you feel more in control and less overwhelmed, you are more confident.
As you take this approach, you’ll see all the benefits of simplicity not only for your healthy life but for other areas as well.
Let's Get Started!
Add your name and email to receive faith-focused fitness inspiration and motivation to your inbox weekly!